The Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi youth empowerment programme powered by the member representing Ezeagu LGA in Enugu state House of Assembly, Hon. Barr. Chima Obieze was flagged off in Olo wards 1 and 2 of Ezeagu LGA on 7th November, 2018.
The empowerment programme which is aimed at ameliorating the sufferings of the people of Ezeagu LGA is the initiative of the House Member representing the constituency which according to him, is one of his ways of giving back to his constituents that have shown him immeasurable love.
Flagging off the programme, Hon. Obieze said the empowerment programme will touch the lives of over 100 persons accross party lines in the 20 wards of the area he represents.
In his Address, Hon. Obieze said the empowerment programme is to help those that has been trained to start their businesses and support those that needs support to stand firm.
“I believe in the holistic development of my people as that’s the only way I can tell myself that I have served.
“I’m not embarking on training of new people because the people previously trained either by individuals or those that trained themselves are yet to kick off and some that has kicked off still needs help, hence why we are empowering them today by giving them specifically what they require based on the committee report submitted to my office”.
Hon. Obieze said this programme is in line with the overall objective of the governor of Enugu State and his core belief in lifting the people out of poverty thus the name “GOV. UWGUANYI YOUTH EMPOWERMENT PROGRAMME”.
Handing over the various items to the beneficiaries, the Commissioner for youths and sports, Hon. Joe Udedi, SSA to the Deputy Senate President, Hon. Ugochukwu Obueze, SA to the Governor on Youths, Comr. Jude Nnamene SA to the Governor on Students affairs, Comr. Chidi Ilogebe, The Administrator, Ezeagu West Development Council, all enjoined them to put the items handed over to them to a judicious use to eradicate poverty in their immediate environment and become employers of labour in the nearest future.
The beneficiaries in their thank you messages thanked Hon. Obieze for coming to their aid in a time like this when all hope seemed lost and prayed to the Almighty God to continue to bless him.
Some of the beneficiaries are;
1. Udegbunam Nathaniel from Ogulogu Olo. A barber and was given an industrial hair clipper and a power generator.
2. Anthonia Chinaza from Ezama Olo. A hair dresser and was empowered with all equipments she needed for her hairdressing saloon from A to Z and some hair relaxers.
3. Ikefuje Chieloka from Umuene Umuakwuke Amandim Olo. A welder was empowered with a welding filing machine.
4. Chinedu Enuwa from Amagu Umulokpa. An almaco expert was empowered with Almaco filing machine.
5. Nosike Ikenna from Imezi Olo. A motor mechanic was given all the necessary tools he needs to kick off his trade.