The attention of Aka Ekpuchi Onwa Campaign Organisation has been drawn to the Tuesday (19th February 2019) High Court judgment stating that Engineer Lawrence Ezeh, the All Progressive Congress (APC) candidate for Enugu East Senatorial Zone has been sacked.
In as much as this is a pronouncement of the court, Aka Ekpuchi Onwa Campaign Organisation hereby wishes to state as follows-
1. That our candidate has already instructed his lawyers to file a Stay of Execution Order and a Notice of Appeal, which is underway;
2. However,it has been discovered that the PDP candidate, Dr Chimaroke Nnamani has been financing a broadcast of this judgment that was delivered just a few hours ago, and is trying to compel media houses from stopping the airing of our paid advert. We also found out that the same Chimaroke Nnamani and his political godson the governor financed the legal tussle from the faceless aspirant. This height of grand conspiracy, we consider illegal, apolitical and uncivilised coming at this point in our political journey.
3. That the judgment is a devious and orchestrated plan to distract our candidate and his campaigns,and a ploy to deceive his supporters in this last minute of campaign. The truth remains that Prince Lawrence Ezeh is still very much in the race and remains the APC candidate for Enugu East Senatorial Zone without controversy.
4. That since this is a pre-election issue, we are filing for an appeal and are going to ensure that this anomaly is corrected even at the Apex Court;
5. We therefore implore our supporters, well wishers, voters and lovers of Prince Lawrence Ezeh are hereby enjoined to remain focused, and resolute, and ensure that they troup out en masse next Saturday to vote in Prince Lawrence Ezeh;
6. Be aware that the judgment has no effect on the candidacy as these fellows are the frolic of discovery to King Solomon’s fantasy island while our principal cruises to the Red Chambers of the National Assembly. He is going to the polls on February 23rd to win despite this rough game of his detractors. This is just an attempt in bringing down his morale, and that of his voters. But this will not work at all as we are alive to our responsibility
7. Aka Ekpuchi Onwa Campaign Organisation enjoins supporters of Prince Lawrence Ezeh to ensure that they vote for the APC, (Ebe esere aziza) on the 23rd February 2019 as this is a vote for your preferred candidate;
8. A dampened spirit is not an option, a depressed mind is also not an option. Do not let anyone deceive you into believing that Prince Ezeh is no more in the race. Stay resolute, and be more than ever, determined to vote in the Game Changer on Saturday.
Chief SNC Nwagu, (DG, Aka Ekpuchi Onwa Campaign Organisation)