President Muhammadu Buhari has confirmed the appointment of Mele Kolo Kyari as the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).
Kyari who was the Group General Manager, Crude marketing Division will replace Maikanti Baru who was appointed in July, 2016.
In a release on Thursday morning in Abuja by NNPC GGM, Group Public Affairs, Mr. Ndu Ughamadu, Kyari’s appointment and that of seven others will take effect from July 7th, 2019.
The newly appointed Chief Operating Officers are:
1. Mr. Roland Onoriode Ewubare (South-South) – Chief Operating Officer, Upstream
2. Engr. Mustapha Yinusa Yakubu (North Central) – Chief Operating Officer Refining and Petrochemicals
3. Engr. Yusuf Usman (North East) – Chief Operating Officer, Gas and Power
4. Ms. Lawrencia Nwadiabuwa Ndupu (South East), Chief Operating Officer Ventures
5. Mr. Umar Isa Ajiya (North West) – Chief Financial Officer
6. Engr. Adeyemi Adetunji (South West) – Chief Operating Officer, Downstream and
7. Mr. Farouk Garba Said (North West) – Chief Operating Officer, Corporate Services.