…Tasks members to see duty as a call to national service
Enugu State Commissioner of Police, CP Ahmad AbdurRahman, MCPSS, MCJ, MNIM, on Monday, 11th May, 2020 inaugurated the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development Joint Technical Task Team (JTTT) on Emergency Response to COVID-19 Challenges of Movement of Food and Agricultural Inputs in Enugu State at the State Headquarters of the command.
In his speech during the inauguration, the Commissioner, who doubles as the Chairman of the team, tasked them to be “diligent, determined and dedicated in working towards the achievement of the goals of the team in line with the terms of reference.”
He enjoined them to “see the duty as a call to National Service, considering the urgent need for the swift distribution of food and agro-allied products across the Nation these trying times of the deadly COVID-19 pandemic”
The team is expected to commence work immediately and is saddled with the responsibility of ensuring the unhindered movement of food and agricultural inputs in and out of the State in this era of governments’ restriction orders to contain the spread of COVID-19 pandemic, is made up of the following members:
1. CP Ahmad AbdurRahman (Commissioner of Police, Enugu State Command) – Chairman
2. Mr. Idoko Christian (State Director of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development) – Secretary
3. DCP Ahmed Garba (Deputy Commissioner incharge of Operations) – Delegate of the Commissioner of Police
4. Hon. Romanus A. Ezeh (Chairman, All-Farmers Association of Nigeria, AFAN, Enugu State) – Member
5. ACC. Okoro Daniel Samuel (Commander, NSCDC Agro-Rangers, Enugu Command) – Member
6. Mr. Asogwa Matthew (Chairman, NURTW, Enugu State) – Member
7. Mr. Pius Okafor (Chairman, Nigerian Association or Road Transport Owners, Enugu State) – Member
8. Mr. Rex Chinweuba Arum (Chairman, NUJ, Enugu State) – Member.