Dr. Walter Ozioko, the Executive Chairman of Nsukka local government area of Enugu State is redefining local government administration in the Coal City state.
100 days after the council chairman of University of Nigeria community was elected and sworn in, Nsukka is taking a new shape and the people are obviously singing a new song as all sectors in the area are receiving adequate and prompt attention.
Dr. Walter Ozioko first made history when he was elected with the highest number of votes ever cast in the council area; 163,000 votes making him ‘The Peoples Mayor’.
Dr. Ozioko, a sound Lawyer of great repute, is available, approachable & human and the only Executive Chairmen who live among his people within the territorial confines of his local government.
Peace and Security of Lives and Property:
He has maintained and sustained “A No Task Force’, (‘Agboro’), Status in Nsukka LGA.
Continued to hold Regular Town Hall Meetings With Nsukka Neighbourhood Watch and Forest Guard Formations.
Motivates Neighbourhood Watch And Indeed, Other Staff And Appointees With Prompt Payment of Their Salaries;
He went on Courtesy And Advocacy Visit To V.C, UNN And The University Community To Seek Collaboration On Security, Employment, Youth Empowerment And Admissions.
Regular Interface With Market Leaders In The LGA.
Creating Cordial Relationship With Nsukka Traditional Rulers Council. Regular Interface with the Leadership of Churches Within Nsukka LGA (Catholic, Anglican, Penticostal, the Hausa Community, etc)
Giving Sense of Belonging to Traditionalists as was evidenced on Saturday, June 11, 2022, During The ‘Ashua Ula Omaba’ Nkpunano, Nsukka Ancient Kingdom.
Interface with Nigeria Drug Law Enforcement Agency, (NDLEA), Nsukka LGA Command to Tackle Drug Abuse.
Regular Hosting of Full Fledged Security Meetings Comprising All Sectors of Security Apparatchik in Nsukka LGA.
Rehabilitated 2 Siena Utility Security Vehicles For Nsukka LGA Neighbourhood Watch And Anti-Cult
Town Hall Meetings With Allied Traders Association and other Sister Associations to Foster Peaceful Coexistence.
1. Completion Of The Construction Of The Massive 28 Master Offices Legislative Building, Including A Modern Legislative Auditorium And Gallery, Begun By The Penultimate Administration of Late Hon. Chief Patrick Omeje, Of The Blessed Memory.
2. Furnishing, To Taste, Of The Recently Commissioned Ultramodern Administrative Complex Built By The Immediate Past Adminstration At Nsukka LGA Secretariat.
3. Wholesome Renovation and Restructuring Of The Old Chairman’s Office At The Old Secretariat.
4. Filling And Reclamation Of Wastelands Adjoining Adada House And Its Environs. (Another Multi Million Naira Project).
The People’s Mayor Considers Construction Of An Ultramodern Event Center On The Recovered Plots Of Land. This will be a Source of Employment and Revenue for the LGA.
In his just one hundred days in office, Mayor created a scholarship unit in the LGA, a microcosm of Enugu State Scholarship Board which is overseeing and enhancing scholarships for indigent Nsukka LGA students. That is the first of its kind in the LGA.
Humanitarian Interventions of Hon. Dr. Barr. Walter Ozioko.
Mayor has within this period under review, impacted positively in one way or the other, on the lives of individuals from every Ward of Nsukka LGA.
In this regard, there is hardly any Ward he has not visited, attending burials, marriages and their likes, taking government close to the people in amazing simplicity.
Social Responsibility Of The LGA Under Hon. Dr. Barr. Walter Ozioko
1. Donation Of Five Hundred Thousand Naira to St. Victor’s Catholic Parish Onuiyi In Support Of The Construction Of Business Mall By The Church.
2. Construction Of Town Hall For Umuada Amukwa In Ihe Ward Of Nsukka LGA;
1. Plans Have Been Concluded For The Launching of 2022 Farming Season For Nsukka LGA Farmers.
2. Loan Scheme For Nsukka LGA Farmers is Being Facilitated;
3. Support For Cooperatives Through Grants And Loans.
1. Collaboration With And Hosting Of ENSUBEB Officials On Training And Capacity Building Of One Hundred And Fourteen, (114), Headteachers From 114 Primary Schools In Nsukka LGA, On Proper Management Of Public Schools And Good Record Keeping.
2. Hosting Of UBEC Officials, (National Personnel Auditors), Capturing Four Hundred And Forty Schools, (440), Both Private And Public Schools, In Nsukka LGA.
3. Establishment Of A Scholarship Unit Which Is Administering Scholarships On Nsukka LGA Students.
4. Introduction of Opinion/Suggestion/Complaint Boxes In The Sector.
1. Support To Health Workers.
Counterpart-Funded Extensive Polio and Other Killer Diseases Immunization In Partnership With State Government and World Health Organization.
3. Raised Huge Amount of Money For Covid 19 Immunization Campaign.
Today, There is almost a 100% Compliance in the Council, in that regard
4. Ensured Continued Free Maternity To Pregnant Women In The Council’s Health Facilities.
5. Regular Payment of the Numerous Adhoc Health Staff in the Council.
6. Attracted Free Drugs From Some Donor Agencies Which Are Distributed Free to Council’s Hospitals.
Arranged by Nwada Eberechukwu Rita Anigbogu