Comrade Chukwuebuka Bartholomew Okoh has emerged the new chairman of the National Youth Council of Nigeria Enugu State chapter.
His election follows a historic unity election of the council which saw the different factions coming together to elect a new leadership on Friday, November 17, 2023, at the Gymnasium Hall, Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium, Enugu.
Comrade Uvie Moses Odege, the NYCN returning officer, declared Comr Okoh the winner with an impressive 153 votes, elected unopposed after satisfying all legal requirements.
Addressing the media, the President of the National Youth Council of Nigeria, Ambassador Sukobo Seraibe Sukubo, expressed satisfaction with the conduct of the election and reiterated his commitment to leading the council in the best interest of Nigerian youths.
In his acceptance speech, Okoh promised Enugu Youths that he’s ready to serve them even better and will make their welfare the focal point of this administration.
The newly elected Chairman while noting that the Youth council has been in crisis but has resolved its differences after the unity congress, maintained that the council now have one formidable National Youth Council of Enugu State.
He further stated that he will be lunching a campaign tagged “Let’s fix it together”; a platform where the youth will come together to form a united force that will lead to the development of Enugu youth and Enugu State in general in the next four years.
Comr. Okoh thanked the President, National Youth Council and Nigeria Ambassador, Sukubo Seraigbe Sukubo, other NEC members, Leaders and delegates to include Oge Nnameni, Sunny Odogwu, Temple Chinedu, Sunny Udeh, Nnaemeka Ugwu, Aneke, among others for making the event a success.
The National Youth Council of Nigeria is a body in charge of the entire youth in the country, it regulates the activities of the youths in the state and national level and as well checkmate and interfere with the government in the areas concerning the youth
– Deputy Chairman: Opu Obinna Johnbosco
– Vice Chairman Enugu West: Anita Chinenye
– Vice Chairman Enugu North: Ezeh Kenneth Nnamdi
– Secretary General: Ossai Johnson Ifeanyichukwu
– Deputy Secretary: Nwachukwu Maryann Chidimma
– Public Relations Officer: Aneke Princewill Somutochi
– Programme Officer: Ekwueme Ejike Johnmartins
– Treasurer: Ude Goodness Chimaobi
– Financial Secretary: Asadu Ogechukwu
– Internal Auditor: Okoye Chidera Osy Peters
– Legal Adviser: Oneh Bonita Ngozi
– Social Secretary: Onah Joseph Onyemaechi
– Assistant Secretary: Ikechukwu Obi
– Assistant Secretary North: Ayogu Nnamdi Chukwuebuka
– Assistant Secretary East: Ogbu Jonathan Chukwuebuka
– Assistant Public Relations Officer: Utazi Blessing
– Assistant Program Officer: Onah Ezinne Cynthia