NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY ALUMNI ASSOCIATION (NAUAA) has issued a disclaimer to what they called “Perfidy” by the authorities of Nnamdi Azikiwe University.
The action of the School management (Publication of the names if new executives for the association) according the body is aimed at covering the financial recklessness of the wife of the present Vice Chancellor of the university which is presently being challenged in court
“THE fraudulent publications are the means by which the incompetent Nnamdi Azikiwe University (NAU) management, is seeking to hijack the Suit No. FHC/CS/AWK/300/2013 – RGSTD TRUSTEES OF THE NAUAA & ANOR. V. NAU & ORS., in which the present Vice Chancellor’s spouse (3rd Defendant) is charged with complicity in the fraudulent conversion of the funds in the NAUAA bank account”
The alumni body is wondering how there will be an election without the outgoing President of the association Nwafili Okwuosa Esq. and the duly appointed chairman of the convention planning committee Elder Tony A. Toki been aware.
The full disclaimer reads;
OUR attention has been drawn to the false, baseless, unauthorised; hence, fraudulent publications flying about the social media, to the effect that the NAUAA have held their 2018 National Convention (hereafter called “the Convention”), with some names bandied as having been “elected unopposed” thereat.
WE would have totally ignored the inebriated shenanigan, except that our silence may mislead the unsuspecting members of the public.
WE, therefore, make the following clarifications, to wit:
1. THE outgoing National Executive Committee (NEC) of the NAUAA, led by Nwafili Okwuosa, Esq., @ the NEC meeting held @ Abuja, on the 17th day of March, 2018, duly constituted the 2018 Convention Planning Committee (2018 CPC), charged with the obvious task of organizing the Convention;
2. THE 2018 CPC, led by Comrade (Elder) Tony A. Toki, duly published a Notice of the Convention, @ p. 44, Vanguard Newspaper of Tuesday, July 17, 2018;
3. BY the said publication, which is a constitutional requirement, the Convention is fixed for Saturday, the 25th day of August, 2018, @ Abakaliki, Ebonyi State;
4. NEITHER the outgoing NEC nor the 2018 CPC, did authorize any group or individual to make any change in the published date and venue of the Convention;
5. ALL publications, including the one, irresponsibly dropping the name of our, otherwise, respectable alumnus- Prof. EZEONU, Chukwuemeka Francis, as having emerged the next President of the NAUAA, from the phantom Convention, should be disregarded as idle talk;
6. THE fraudulent publications are the means by which the incompetent Nnamdi Azikiwe University (NAU) management, is seeking to hijack the Suit No. FHC/CS/AWK/300/2013 – RGSTD TRUSTEES OF THE NAUAA & ANOR. V. NAU & ORS., in which the present Vice Chancellor’s spouse (3rd Defendant) is charged with complicity in the fraudulent conversion of the funds in the NAUAA bank account;
7. FOR the avoidance of doubt, none of the Chairmen of the 11 branches of the NAUAA was aware, a fortiori, attending or sending any delegate to the phantom Convention; and
8. OUR lawyers are still studying the criminal dimensions of this perfidy, with a view to further instructions from the NAUAA.
Please, entertain no doubt over our iron clad resolve to never give up on the righteous struggle to terminate the odious practice of the milking of the NAUAA, by a succession of corrupt elements holding sway in the NAU, till they accept the independence of the NAUAA as a fait accompli.
Great Zikites! Giants!!
1. COM. (ELDER) TONY A. TOKI (Chairman, 2018 CPC).
2. DR. RONALD OGINYI
(Coordinator, Committee of Branch Chairmen).
3. NWAFILI OKWUOSA, ESQ